El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma has been selected as the host hotel of the 2013 Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival.
This resort has been chosen for the quality of its Gourmet All Inclusive accommodation and gastronomic services offered to all guests: champagne welcome drink, premium quality wines, a la carte gourmet meals available 24 hours a day, gourmet Chefs and world-renowned culinary team, Sommeliers in each of its seven restaurants, and 100,000-square-feet greenhouse, the largest in the area, where most of its ingredients come from, guaranteeing quality and freshness.
During the 2013 Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival, the El Dorado Royale will open its doors to more than 30 world-renowned chefs, and is the ideal setting for tastings and pairings that will feature gastronomy stars and international celebrities.
The following events will take place on the premises during the Festival:
- * Thursday, March 14th
- From 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Directly from Tuscany, the winery Castello Banfi Brunello Di Montalcino will have a demonstration.
- From 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm: A fun seminar in which you will taste exceptional red wines from four different countries in America and Europe. Get to know their varieties and learn to differentiate them.
- From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Wine & Food Matching Demystified. The highly acclaimed Doug Frost, one of three personalities with the titles of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine, will give a lecture about the science of wine and food pairing. There will also be a tasting in which you will learn to distinguish aromas and flavors.
- * Friday, March 15th
- From 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Juan Carlos Flores, recognized as the Best Sommelier of Mexico in 2004, will lead a wine tasting featuring: Hans Backhoff from Monte Xanic winery (Guadalupe Valley), Hussong Lui from San Rafael winery (Ojos Negros Valley), and Daniel Milmo from Casa Madero winery (Parras Valley).
- From 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm: a tour of the Mexican wine revolution, with tasting from the following cellars: Viñas de Garza, Paralelo and Roganto.
- From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Discover Mezcal, an artisanal drink, and taste its very Mexican essence, under the guidance of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine Doug Frost.
Chefs recognized internationally as celebrities will share their secrets and cooking tips. You will also witness exciting competitions between teams of the Festival’s stars Chefs.
- * Friday, March 15th:
- From 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Antonio de Livier
- From 12:00 am to 1:00 pm: Guy Santoro and Josefina Santacruz
- From 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Jared Reardon and Sonia Arias
- * Sunday, March 17th:
- From 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Manuel Baños and Aaron Sanchez
- From 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Elena Reygadas and Fernando Trocca
- From 1:00 pm to 2 pm: Enrique Olvera and Mikel Alonso
- * Saturday, March 16th:
- From 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Diego Hernandez and Javier Plascencia
- From 12:00 am to 1:00 pm: Jean Marc Guillot and Jérôme Ferrer
- From 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Daniel Ovadia and Nelson Mendez
El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma is an adults-only hotel located beachfront at km 45 of the Carretera Cancun - Tulum, Riviera Maya.
If you want more information on how to participate in this wonderful experience, please contact us.